Government employees who qualify may convert one of their Home Town LTCs to an LTC to visit any location in NER/A&N/J&K/Ladakh.
CCS (LTC) Rules 1988: The government has extended for another two years the programme granting relaxation for air travel to the Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Jammu & Kashmir, and the North East Region.
“N relaxation to CCS (LTC) Rules, 1988, the scheme allowing Government servants to travel by air to North East Region (NER), Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K), Union Territory of Ladakh, and Union Territory of Andaman & Nicobar Islands (A&N) is extended for a further period of two years, w.e.f. 26 September 2022 until 25 September 2024,” the Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT) stated in an office
Conditions for utilizing the extended LTC benefit.
The following guidelines have been set forth by DoPT for using the special discount:.
- All eligible government employees are eligible to convert one of their Home Town LTCs every four years into LTCs that can be used to travel to any location in NER, A&N, J&K, or Ladakh.
- Employees of the government who share a home town with their headquarters or place of assignment are ineligible for the Home Town LTC facility. As a result, they are not permitted to convert any Home Town LTC.
- The government employee whose home town is located in NER, A&N, J&K, or Ladakh will also be permitted to convert their home town LTC in order to take advantage of this Scheme and visit any location in any of the three other regions (out of the four) besides the one where their home town is located.
- In a block of four years, new recruits may convert one of the three Home Town LTCs that apply to them in order to visit NER/A&N/J&K/Ladakh. Additionally, they are permitted to use one more Home Town LTC conversion in a block of four years to travel to Ladakh or the UT of J&K.
- Subject to certain terms and conditions, government employees who are entitled to travel by air may take advantage of this concession from their headquarters when flying in the appropriate class on any airline.
- Under certain terms and conditions, government employees who are not authorised to fly may do so in Economy class on any airline in the following industries:.
• Between any location in the NER and Kolkata/Guwahati.
• Between Port Blair and Kolkata, Chennai, and Visakhapatnam.
• Between any location in J&K/Ladakh and Delhi/Amritsar.
The DoPT stated that these non-entitled personnel would travel from their headquarters to Kolkata, Guwahati, Chennai, Visakhapatnam, Delhi, and Amritsar in accordance with their entitlement.
- Government personnel are authorised to travel by air to the aforementioned locations, including NER, J&K, Ladakh, and A&N, whether they use the discount in lieu of the Home Town LTC or in lieu of the Anywhere in India LTC, as allowed.
- Public employees who are not permitted to fly are permitted to fly in Economy class from their place of employment directly to any location in the NER, A&N, J&K, or Ladakh. The reimbursement is, however, subject to the terms and limitations previously announced by the DoPT.
Randomly examining airline tickets to stop fraud
All ministries and departments have been urged by the DoPT to prevent any employee misuse of LTC. Any abuse of LTC will be taken seriously, and the workers will be held responsible for taking the proper legal action. Ministries/Departments are advised to randomly request that some of the airline tickets submitted by the officials be verified by the relevant airlines with regard to the actual cost of air travel vis-à-vis the cost indicated on the airline tickets submitted by the officials in order to prevent any misuse of LTC.