PNB online account opening
PNB online account opening Customers all throughout the country can choose pnb bank account open online option and open a Punjab National Bank Savings Account to put money aside for the future. PNB’s savings accounts provide online banking as well as free phone and mobile banking. Customers can open a savings account at any Punjab National Bank branch or online at the bank’s website.
PNB online account opening Features
- Open an account from anywhere any time
- No need to visit a branch
- Save your time by doing a PNB Video KYC
- Full digital process
- Get all facilities of regular net banking and offline banking & PNB balance check with missed call.
Criteria for Opening a PNB online account opening
Customers must meet specific criteria in order to open a savings account with Punjab National Bank.
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen and must be at least 18 years old. Minors can have an account created on their behalf by their parents or legal guardians.
- The candidate must have genuine, government-approved identity and address evidence.
- After the bank has confirmed the application, the applicant must make an initial deposit depending on the minimum balance requirement of the savings account he or she has chosen.
PNB online account opening step by step process
How to Open a Punjab National Bank Savings Account?
To create an online Punjab National Bank Savings account, follow these steps:
• Click to establish an Online Savings Account without E-Sign.
- On the PNB Saving Account application form,
- Choose a branch.
- Select the Account Type,
- Enter the Customer Name, Mobile Number, and Email Address.
- Tick the declaration and checkboxes.
- Please enter the Security Code and press the Submit button.
- Following the completion and submission of the application form,
- A TCRN (Temporary Customer Reference Number) will be produced
- The applicant’s mobile phone number and email address will be used to send the number.
- After getting the TCRN, the customer must submit the number, application form, and necessary KYC papers for verification.
The account will be enabled within 3-5 working days of approval.
Documents Required to Open a PNB online account opening
Customers must present the following papers when enrolling for a new savings account with PNB:
- Identification – Passport, Driver’s License, Voter ID card, and so forth.
- Address – Passport, Driver’s License, Voter ID card, and so forth.
- PAN card
- Form 16 (only if a PAN card is unavailable)
- two recent passport-sized photographs
Checklist for PNB online account opening
What You Should Consider Before Opening a Punjab National Bank Savings Account.
Before selecting a Punjab National Bank savings account, consumers should investigate key elements of the account to see if it is a good fit for them.
They are as follows:
- They would first need to verify the savings account’s minimum balance criteria to determine whether it fits their financial situation.
- Check the penalty costs for failing to maintain the minimum balance as well.
- Check the interest rate on deposits for that specific savings account. The interest rate will influence your return on deposits, so understanding it before selecting a savings account is critical.
- He or she should double-check the transaction and withdrawal limits each day for that specific account.
- The applicant should be aware of any additional costs that may apply if cash is withdrawn using a cheque, as well as the monthly withdrawal limit at non-Punjab National Bank ATMs.
Security Tips for Savings Account Holders at Punjab National Bank
- Make certain that your account password and PIN are never shared by emails, SMS, or social media.
- Contact the bank right once if a transaction was done without your knowledge.
- Always check your bank statements on a regular basis to see if there has been any fraudulent activity and to maintain track of your funds – both in and out of your account.
- If you lose or steal your debit card, you should immediately block it through your net banking account or contact Punjab National Bank’s customer service to have it disabled.
- Never store your bank account information on online merchant websites for security reasons.
- Furthermore, ensure that you dismiss the page as soon as you have finished an online transaction.
- Always do your shopping on safe websites.
How to Open a Punjab National Bank Savings Account offline
Learn how to open a Punjab National Bank (PNB) Savings Account in three easy steps.
- Take the necessary paperwork to your local Punjab National Bank to begin the account opening process.
- Fill out the application form and tell the executive you want to open a new savings account at the bank’s new account department.
- Verify that the information on the application form matches the information on your KYC documents.
- Submit the application form at the counter; the bank will then review the documentation and, if approved, the savings account will be created within 3-5 bank working days.
Customer Service Phone Number for Punjab National Bank
Customers with requests, concerns, assistance, or complaints about their savings accounts should contact:
PNB customer service at 1800 180 2222.
Minimum quarterly average balance (QAB) and penalties for failing to maintain QAB
|Area of Branch||Minimum Qly. Average Balance||Initial Deposit|
|Rural||Rs.500/-||NA/TBD by bank|
|Semi- Urban||Rs.1000/-||NA/TBD by bank|
|Urban||Rs.2000/-||NA/TBD by bank|
|Metropolitan||Rs.2000/-||NA/TBD by bank|
PNB Savings Account Features
|S.No.||Particulars||GENERAL SAVING ACCOUNT|
|1||Who is eligible to open an account?||Individuals (individually or jointly), Associations, Trusts, Hindu Undivided Families (HUFs), Clubs, Societies, and other institutions specifically allowed by the RBI.|
|2||Documents needed to open an account.||Account Registration Form (AOF)|
|Identity and address verification in accordance with KYC regulations|
|In the case of Associations, HUFs, Clubs, Trusts, Societies, and so on, photo-related papers are required.|
|Other relevant papers in accordance with RBI guidelines|
|Other relevant papers in accordance with RBI guidelines|
|3||Nomination Service||This service is only offered to individuals who meet the criteria, according to the standards.|
|4||Transactions details||The number of debit entries in a half-year should not exceed 40.|
|The 40-per-half-year restriction does not apply to IBS, ATM, SI, or charge debits.|
|If the number of debit transactions reaches 40, fees will apply.|
|Third-party cash payments are authorised up to a daily maximum of Rs.50,000/-.|
|Transfer transactions of up to Rs.1,000,000/- are authorised each day. The withdrawal slip cannot be used by a third party to withdraw money. There is no maximum amount that may be withdrawn using a withdrawal slip at the basic branch.|
|If the account holder visits the branch in person, he or she must bring the Withdrawal Slip along with them.|
Payments to the account holder are restricted to a maximum of Rs. 5,00,000/-.
|5||Additional services||Rates of interest.|
|Every year, you will receive 25 free customised multicity cheque leaves.|
|Transferring funds between PNB accounts is free of charge.|
|Internet banking is provided at no cost.|
|Accounts can be transferred to any P.N.B. branch without altering the account number.|
|The DICGC insures deposits up to Rs 5.00 lakhs per client.|
|ATM Combined Debit Card (individuals account).|
|Funds are sent quickly via NEFT/RTGS.|
|Acceptance of standing orders.|
|Safe Deposit Boxes are also accessible online.|
|Account opening is now possible online.|
PNB Savings account Interest Rates
|Domestic & NRI Saving Account Interest Rates : (w.e.f. 1st September 2021)||Rate of Interest|
|Applicable to all the (existing as well as new) Savings Fund Accounts Balance below Rs. 100 Crore||3.00% p.a.|
|Savings Fund Account Balance of Rs. 100 Crore & above||3.00% p.a.|
PNB Video KYC
Please have the following materials ready before starting the ONLINE JOURNEY to open an SB account with Video KYC.
- Good Internet access is available.
- Mobile device with the registered phone number should be with you as the OTP will be sent for verification on the mobile number
- Contact information through email
- Aadhaar No. with access to Mobile No. / E-mail Address that has been seeded with it (for next OTP verification).
- Pan Card or e-Pan Card with a (ORIGINAL).
- Signature in blue or black ink on white paper.
- Uploading documentation of professional activities (if relevant).
Steps for V-KYC
- Fill in all the details
- Submit Mobile, Pan and Aadhar information
- Select the services you like
- Complete V-KYC to enjoy all the features of the account
PNB Toll Free Numbers
1800 180 2222 & 1800 103 2222 (Toll Free)
+91 120 2490000(Global Users)
1800 180 2223 (Toll Free)
+91 120 2303090(Global Users)
For credit card
1800 180 2345(Toll Free)
+91 120 4616200(Global Users)
For apply online
18001805555 (Toll Free/Miss Call)
The content on this website is meant only for general information purpose and does not and shall not be construed as any solicitation, procurement, display, aggregation, marketing or advertisement of insurance products. Loanpersonal.in is not an insurance intermediary and hence does not endorse or solicit any such products. The information on this website is derived from publicly available sources and Loanpersonal.in cannot verify or confirm the genuineness, truth, veracity or authenticity of this information.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply Loanpersonal.in’s partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.