SBI IRCTC credit card
The SBI IRCTC credit card is a credit card issued by SBI. This SBI credit card, which was launched in collaboration with IRCTC, provides customers with a variety of travel incentives for a low annual cost. It provides value back on IRCTC ticket bookings as well as rewards on other purchases. Continue reading to learn more about the SBI Card.
About SBI IRCTC credit card
SBI offers two IRCTC-branded credit cards: the SBI Platinum IRCTC card and the SBI IRCTC Rupay Credit Card. We’ll talk about the most popular one, the SBI IRCTC Platinum Credit Card, in this post. You may also know about the other SBI IRCTC Rupay Credit Card by clicking here
SBI IRCTC Platinum Credit Card
The SBI IRCTC Platinum Credit Card is available through SBI. The SBI IRCTC Platinum Credit Card is a travel card issued by the State Bank of India in collaboration with the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC). This card provides a wide range of benefits, particularly in the area of discounted railway ticket bookings. The SBI IRCTC Platinum Credit Card comes with additional benefits in areas such as fuel. This credit card comes with a Rs.500 annual fee and a monthly interest rate of up to 3.5 percent.
SBI IRCTC Credit Card Highlights.
• If you spend Rs.500 or more in a single transaction within 45 days of receiving your card, you will receive 350 Reward Points as an activation bonus. The amount of money spent and the amount of fuel used will not be counted.
• When you book AC1, AC2, AC3, and AC CC tickets with IRCTC, you’ll get 10% back in Reward Points.
• For every Rs.125 spent on non-fuel retail purchases, such as railway tickets purchased on www.irctc.co.in, you will receive 1 Reward point.
• When you use this card to book a railway ticket through IRCTC, you save 1% on transaction fees.
• A 1% gasoline fee would be applied to all fuel stations in India.
SBI IRCTC Credit Card Benefits & Features
Transaction Fees Have Been Removed.
• When you book railway tickets through IRCTC with this card, you save 1% on transaction fees.
• If you cancel the ticket, 1% of the total refund amount will be deducted from your card.
Make the switch to contactless.
• You can use this card to perform daily transactions by simply waving it in front of a secure reader.
• You can transfer your outstanding debt from another credit card to this card and pay in EMIs at a lower interest rate.
• You can convert your transactions to monthly installments using this card. To convert it into Flexipay, you must make a transaction worth Rs.2500 or more and log on to sbicard.com within 30 days of the purchase date.
Affordably priced credit.
• With this service, you can get money whenever you want it and have a check or a draft sent to your door.
Accepted around the world
• The SBI IRCTC Platinum credit card is a travel credit card that may be used at over 3,25,000 SBI IRCTC outlets in India and over 29 million VISA outlets worldwide.
Cards that can be added to your order
• You can get an add-on card for your family with this card.
(You must be at least 18 years old to participate.)
You may also find these posts Useful:
A Welcome Benefit
Below welcome benefits are delivered after activation.
• On activation, you’ll receive 350 bonus reward points (Rs.350) after your first successful transaction of Rs.500 or higher.
1 reward point is equal to Rs.1.
• The first transaction must be completed within 45 days after the card’s issuance.
• Cashback of Rs.100 on your first ATM cash withdrawal within 30 days of receiving the card
Benefit from the IRCTC.
When you use the card to book tickets on the IRCTC website, you will receive the following perks.
• 10% Valueback via reward points when ordering AC1, AC2, AC3, and AC Chair Car tickets through the IRCTC website • Waiver of 1% transaction fees on railway ticket bookings
Program of Reward
Users of the IRCTC SBI Card can get 1 reward point for every Rs.125 spent on non-fuel retail purchases, such as railway ticket purchases made through the IRCTC website or mobile app.
For example, if you book Rs.5000 in railway tickets, you will receive 40 reward points. And, because 1 reward point is equal to Rs.1, you will receive a benefit of Rs.40.
Value Added Service for SBI IRCTC Credit Cards.
• Visa Offers – The Visa Platform offers fantastic deals on travel, golf, eating, and other forms of entertainment.
• Fuel Cost Waiver – A 1% fuel surcharge waiver is available, with a monthly cap of Rs.100.
The IRCTC Credit Card is now available on the Rupay Network through SBI Card. This option includes free lounge visits, unique incentives, and no joining charge until March 31, 2021. To learn more and apply for the SBI IRCTC Rupay Credit Card, go here.
Eligibility Criteria for SBI IRCTC Card
You must have a strong credit score (ideally 750+) to be eligible for the IRCTC SBI Platinum Card. You must also meet the following criteria, which are listed in the table below:
|Age Limit||18-60 years|
|Proffession||Available to both Salaried and Self-employed|
|Income – Salaried||Rs. 20,000 p.m.|
|Income – Self Employed||Rs. 30,000 p.m.|
|Serviceable Cities||All Major Cities of India|
How to Obtain/apply an SBI IRCTC Card
Follow the steps below to apply for this credit card online.
• Go to SBI Official Website to begin the application process.
• Fill in your name, email address, and phone number.
• Provide more details and complete the transaction by clicking Verify with OTP.
SBI Card will contact the applicant for document collection after the application has been completed. The document will be collected by a field agent. The credit card will be issued once the documents have been validated.
SBI IRCTC Platinum Credit Card Fees and Charges
• Annual Fee: A one-time fee of Rs.500 will be paid.
• Annual Renewal Fee: Rs.300.
• There is no charge for an add-on card.
• The cost of replacing a card is Rs.100.
• Cash Advance Fee: Domestic and international ATMs will charge a transaction fee of 2.5 percent or Rs. 500, whichever is higher.
• Cash Payment Fee: The cardholder can settle the outstanding balance in cash at certain SBI Bank outlets.
(With effect from September 1, 2021, this service will cost Rs. 250 plus all relevant taxes.)
• Service Charges: These charges are payable at a monthly rate of interest on all transactions.
• Penalties for late payments:
|Billed Amount||Late Fee charged|
|Amount Zero to Rs. 500||NIL|
|Amount more than Rs.500 to Rs.1000||Rs.400|
|Amount more than Rs.1000 to Rs.10,000||Rs.750|
|Amount more than Rs.10,000 to Rs.25,000||Rs.950|
|Amount more than Rs.25,000 to Rs.50,000||Rs.1100|
|More than Rs.50,000||Rs.1300|
|Fee/Charge for IRCTC Card||Amount/Rate in Rupees|
|Yearly Fees||Rs 500|
|Renewal Card Fee||Rs 300|
|Other Finance Charges||Up to 3.50% per month [42% per annum]|
|For Statement Balance|
|Less than Rs. 500 – Nil|
|Late Payment Fee||Rs. 500 up to Rs. 1,000 – Rs. 400|
|Rs. 1,000 up to Rs. 10,000 – Rs. 750|
|Rs. 10,000 up to Rs. 25,000 – Rs. 950|
|Rs. 25,000 up to Rs. 50,000 – Rs. 1,100|
|Amount over Rs. 50,000 – Rs. 1,300|
• Missed Payment Fees: If you do not pay the Minimum Amount Due (MAD) by the due date for two consecutive cycles, you will be charged Rs.100.
The IRCTC SBI Platinum Card can be redeemed for rewards.
SBI clients can redeem their earned rewards points by following the steps outlined below.
• Log in to IRCTC with the username and password associated with your loyalty number.
• At the payment gateway, select the reward points option to pay for your new railway ticket.
• Only confirmed or RAC railway tickets for 1st Class AC, Executive Chair Car, AC 2 Tier, AC 2 Tier, and AC Chair Car can be redeemed for rewards; reward points can also be redeemed at Rs.1/reward point.
Rules for Redeeming Rewards
• The reward points can only be used to pay for the complete ticket fee, including IRCTC service charges.
• The cardholder cannot redeem reward points for individual passenger fares.
• If more than one passenger is traveling, the complete fare must be redeemed in points.
Such transactions cannot be paid in installments.
• If you run out of reward points, you can buy them for Rs.1.50 each reward point (plus taxes).
• If you cancel redeemed tickets, only reward points (SBI Reward Points, SBI Travel Reward Points, and Purchase Points) will be given back to you, not cash.
Documents Required for SBI IRCTC credit card
• A copy of your most recent three months’ wage slip/Form 16/IT return as proof of income.
• Proof of residency.
• Identification proof
Review of the SBI IRCTC Credit Card.
SBI IRCTC Credit Card offers 10% value back on every train ticket booking for a modest annual cost of Rs. 500, which is a good deal. However, for individuals who spend more than or equivalent to Rs. 20,000 on railway tickets every year, it is a very basic card. On regular expenses such as groceries, shopping, electricity bills, and so on, there are no perks. For every Rs. 125 paid, only 1 reward point is given, which is easily the lowest in any category. If SBI IRCTC cards are just for you if you travel by rail frequently, you should obtain this card. Other cards, on the other hand, are better if you want to get certain perks from each category, such as shopping, rewards, eating, travel, and so on.
SBI IRCTC credit card FAQs from the IRCTC.
1. What is the loyalty number for the SBI IRCTC Platinum Credit Card?
The loyalty number is an 11-digit number that appears underneath the cardholder’s name on the SBI IRCTC Platinum Credit Card.
2. How long are the reward points good for?
After three years from the date of membership registration, the reward points will expire.
3. If I forget to pay my credit card renewal charge, will my reward points be forfeited?
The IRCTC provides you 90 days to pay your renewal costs after your membership expires. During this time, however, you can only earn reward points and not redeem them.
4. Will I get reward points if I order tickets through the mobile app?
No, bookings booked through the mobile app will not earn you reward points.
5. Can I transfer my reward points from my SBI IRCTC Platinum Credit Card?
No, these reward points cannot be transferred or mixed with those earned on other SBI credit cards.
6. Can you exchange your reward points for cash?
Yes, you can pay out your reward points by writing to SBI or calling their SBI credit card customer service.
7. What is Flexipay and how does it work?
SBI offers the Flexipay option, which allows you to convert your spending into Equated Monthly Installments (EMI). Within 30 days of making the purchase, any transaction exceeding Rs.2,500 can be converted into EMIs.
8. Can the holder of an add-on card choose flexipay?
Flexipay is only available to primary cardholders.
ADDRESS OF SBI IRCTC CREDIT CARD
SBI Cards and Payment Services Limited
Aggarwal Millennium Tower, E-1,2,3
Netaji Subhash Place, Wazirpur,
New Delhi 110034, Unit 401 & 402,
SBI irctc credit card customer care number
1800-425-3800 (toll-free) or
The content on this website is meant only for general information purpose and does not and shall not be construed as any solicitation, procurement, display, aggregation, marketing or advertisement of insurance products. Loanpersonal.in is not an insurance intermediary and hence does not endorse or solicit any such products. The information on this website is derived from publicly available sources and Loanpersonal.in cannot verify or confirm the genuineness, truth, veracity or authenticity of this information.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply Loanpersonal.in’s partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.